|Real name:||Sal Bertolinni|
|First Appearance:||Kick-Ass 2 #1 - December, 2010|
|Created by:|| Mark Millar|
John Romita, Jr.
|Affiliations:|| Genovese Crime Family|
|Portrayed by:||Jim Carrey|
- "It's time we had a little talk, Mister Kim"
- ―Colonel Stars[src]
Sal started out as a soldier for the Genovese crime family, working alongside his brother Lieutenant Stripes. Then at some point, both brothers found religion and decided to repent for their crimes. Inspired by Kick-Ass, they formed the Justice Forever team and set out to clean up the city as superheroes.
When Colonel Stars and Lieutenant Stripes both formed Justice Forever, they invited several other superheroes to join. They recruited Remembering Tommy, Night Bitch, Insect Man, and Battle Guy. Soon after, Kick-Ass joined the group, and, after which, the team led an attack on an apartment which had been rumored to be a front for prostitution. Sal had his men attack the lowlifes that infested the apartment, and had his guard dog, Sophia, disable the head of the prostitution plot by signaling the animal to bite down on the man's testicles. After rescuing the prostitutes, Sal had promised the man that if he had heard any other rumors about the apartment, he would crush him.
Tragically, Sal ended up becoming the first victim of Red Mist and his new gang of super-villains. After killing his dog and trashing his hideout, they left his defiled body to be discovered by the police. His murder almost swayed Hit-Girl to come out of retirement. It is actually implied by Kick-Ass that he may have been in poor health before Red Mist attacked him.
As a born-again Christian, Sal didn't swear casually and despite his aggressive nature towards criminals, he was shown to be a very generous and inspirational person. He seems to be a genuine nice person making a difference. He later admits that although he has no problems letting his dog, Sofia, eat a criminal's genitals, the guns he carries are empty and are there purely for intimidation purposes.
Skills and AbilitiesEdit
- On the one mission Kick-Ass accompanied him on, he displayed impressive combat skill when he knocked out a person with one punch.
- The costume he wears is an Army Combat uniform with a dark sea green mask.
- It hasn't been revealed whether or not the brothers actually served in the military at some point or if the costumes/codenames are merely a theme for their superhero identities.
- He and the Lieutenant used baseball bats to beat gangsters into submission and even carried unloaded firearms as a means of intimidation.
In Other MediaEdit
- In the film Kick-Ass, he is mentioned by one of Frank D'Amico's gang member, he and his brother were not killed by Big Daddy. This means they felt bad of being evil and want to changed their life.
- When Kick-Ass is introduced to him, he doesn't seem to hold a grudge and gladly accepts him to the team.