|Real name:||Sal Bertolinni|
|First Appearance:||Kick-Ass 2 #1 - December, 2010|
|Created by:|| Mark Millar|
John Romita, Jr.
|Affiliations:|| Genovese Crime Family|
|Portrayed by:||Jim Carrey|
- "It's time we had a little talk, Mister Kim"
- ―Colonel Stars[src]
Sal started out as a soldier for the Genovese crime family, working alongside his brother Lieutenant Stripes. Then at some point, both brothers found religion and decided to repent for their crimes. Inspired by Kick-Ass, they formed the Justice Forever team and set out to clean up the city as superhero
As a born-again Christian, Sal didn't curse casually and despite his aggressive nature towards criminals, he was shown to be a very generous and inspirational person. He seems to be a genuine nice person making a difference. He later admits that although he has no problems letting his dog, Sofia, eat a criminal's genitals, the guns he carries are empty and are there purely for intimidation purposes.
Skills and AbilitiesEdit
- On the one mission Kick-Ass accompanied him on, he displayed impressive combat skill when he knocked out a person with one punch.
- The costume he wears is an Crye Multicam used by US Army and Airforce while deployed in Afghanistan with a dark sea green mask.
- It hasn't been revealed whether or not the brothers actually served in the military at some point or if the costumes/codenames are merely a theme for their superhero identities.
- He and the Lieutenant used baseball bats to beat gangsters into submission and even carried unloaded firearms as a means of intimidation.
In Other MediaEdit
- In the film Kick-Ass, he is mentioned by one of Frank D'Amico's gang members, saying that he was killed, but he and his brother survived and were not killed by Big Daddy. This means they felt bad for being evil and want to changed their life.
- When Kick-Ass is introduced to him, he doesn't seem to hold a grudge and gladly accepts him onto the team.
- In the Movie, Colonel Stars and Lieutenant Stripes are combined into one character, thus making Colonel Stars and Stripes.