|Colonel Stars and Stripes|
|Real name:||Sal Bertolinni|
|Aliases:||Colonel Stars and Stripes|
|Alignment:|| Bad (formerly)|
|Portrayed by:||Jim Carrey|
|Appearances:|| Kick-Ass (mentioned)|
- "Yeah, There's a dog on your balls!"
- ―Colonel Stars and Stripes[src]
Sal Bertolinni is an ex-mafia member turned masked vigilante called Colonel Stars and Stripes. He will appear in the upcoming film Kick-Ass 2.
He was only mentioned as "Sal" by Frank D'Amico's right-hand-man Big Joe, who found his phone, and he was thought to have been killed during an assault by the vigilante Kick-Ass, although unbeknownst to his fellow gang members at that time, it was Big Daddy who carried out the assault. However, he survived, and at some point after this, he decided to turn away from a life of crime, and he became a born again Christian.
To be added.
- Frank D'Amico - Former Boss
- Dave Lizewski/Kick-Ass - Ally
- Doctor Gravity - Ally
- Night Bitch - Ally
- Insect Man - Ally
- Chris D'Amico/The Mother Fucker - Enemy
- Canon (1 film)
Behind the scenesEdit
- Both the comic book version of Colonel Stars and Lieutenant Stripes are amalgamated into one character for the film adaption of Kick-Ass 2.
- Mark Millar posted on his "Millar World" blog that Jim Carrey has accepted the role as Colonel Stars and Stripes:
- "Matthew Vaughn, Jeff Wadlow and I did a conference call with Jim a couple of weeks back and we've been itching to talk about this ever since because the energy Jim’s going to bring to Colonel Stars has me buzzing as much as Nic Cage with Big Daddy. Nic is really good friends with Jim Carrey and it’s well known to everyone that Jim loved the first movie, so we've been talking very informally about this for a little over two years now. We didn't quite know what Jim was going to be doing in the sequel, but the entire team loves him to bits and I’ve been a fan since I first saw him."